Saturday, December 10, 2011

THE CLOSING CHAPTER



GORGEOUS CAPETOWN-VIEW FROM  TABLE MOUNTAIN
 


TOURISTIC WATERFRONT

BOTANICAL GARDENS



WINE COUNTRY
 

CAPE PENGUINS


ATLANTIC AND INDIAN OCEANS

Not knowing when I might be in Africa again I wanted to indulge myself in the beautiful city of Cape Town and the stunning Garden Route before I completely left the continent.  I spent 2 weeks in Cape Town and one week on the Garden Route with a small tour, driving up to Addo Elephant Reserve.  This gave me plenty of time to fully relax into Cape Town, with all of the touristic sites, and also to enjoy the local cultural scenes.


 
 The photos will speak for themselves!







Robben Island Prison



SCENES FROM THE GARDEN ROUTE TOUR



Suiting up for the zip line

































It is almost hard to take in so much beautiful scenery.  South Africa seems to have everything - beaches and penguins, whales and dolphins, vineyards and mountains, lovely backpackers spots, canyons and caves, zip-lines and elephants galore.  Our Gang of 6 had a great time together and we are filled with marvelous memories.

After a long flight from Cape Town to Douala, Cameroon, I had 24 hours of rest before taking the next 30 hours to fly three different flights home to San Diego.  I am now in happy reunion with dog Bodhi, and brother Steve and sis-in-law Trisha.  All is well.

Steve, Trisha, Kaye and Bodhi


1 comment: